It’s officially Spring Time, and just like you give your home a thorough spring cleaning, your smile needs one too!
I recommend a professional dental cleaning at least twice a year to improve your oral health. People who regularly practice good oral hygiene at home with proper brushing and flossing techniques typically do not experience discomfort during a cleaning….BUT don’t let that stop you from visiting my office to get your cleaning! There are a few methods I have to help, like using a topical anesthetic before the cleaning to alleviate any discomfort.
During a dental cleaning, you’ll receive diagnostic and preventive services from me as well as any needed educational information. A good example of some services provided are:
- Reviewing and updating medical history, including information about heart problems, pregnancy, diabetes and medications, which may have an impact on your oral health
- Oral cancer examination and screening
- Evaluation of gum tissue
- Checking biting, chewing and swallowing patterns
- X-rays or examination of teeth to detect decay
- Referral to specialists for specific treatment
Preventive services may include:
- Removal of plaque and tartar
- Stain removal
- Fluoride application
- Polishing teeth, including fillings and crowns
- Cleaning and adjustment of dentures and partial dentures
Educational services may include:
- Tooth brushing and flossing instructions
- Nutritional counseling
- Recommendations for future treatment: when to return for follow-up hygiene treatment, periodontal (gum) concerns or restorative options
- Evaluation of self-care effectiveness
- Tobacco-cessation counseling
Make an appointment today by calling (619) 285-1200 and let’s work together to Spring Clean Your Smile!
Please click on the credit link below to read more about this topic from this website.
Tagged with: cavaties, dental hygiene, dentist, flossing, general dentistry, healthy teeth gums, oral care, oral health, prevent cavaties, teeth and gums QUICK SERVICE LINKS General Dentistry Prosthodontics Cosmetic Dentistry Dentures Hygiene Dr. March Dentistry Dr. March Dentistry
Posted in: dentists, General Dentistry, Hygiene, Oral Care, teeth whitening