Are you suffering from tooth discoloration and thus, you are thinking of having teeth whitening San Diego? Whitening is indeed a great solution for teeth discoloration. However, before undergoing such procedure, it is important that you will first know the causes of teeth discoloration and why you are suffering from such. Some of these causes are as follows.
Causes of Teeth Discoloration
- Diet – some of the foods that you are eating can stain your teeth. Among these are colas, wine, tea, coffee and some fruits and veggies.
- Smoking – smoking and chewing tobacco can indeed stain your teeth.
- Poor dental hygiene – if you are not brushing your teeth daily, then they will become discolored after some time. Aside from brushing the teeth, it is also recommended to floss daily to as to totally remove stain-producing substances.
- Medicines – some antibiotics can cause teeth discoloration most especially when given to kids below the age of 8. Examples of these antibiotics are doxycycline and tetracycline. Mouth washes can also stain the teeth most especially when they contain cetylpyridinium chloride and chlorhexidine.
- Environment – too much fluoride from excessive use or from environmental sources can also stain your teeth. For example, when the water you are using contains high levels of fluoride or when you are using too much fluoride supplements, mouth washes and rinses, then you have a higher chance of suffering from teeth discoloration.
Teeth Whitening as a Remedy
There are different ways on how you can make your teeth whiter and further avoid teeth discoloration. One of the simplest ways is teeth whitening San Diego. This particular procedure is usually done by a cosmetic dentist. However, you can also do it on your own by using over-the-counter whitening products.
Teeth whitening, particularly zoom whitening is a procedure that can produce instant and permanent result. If you are planning to undergo such, it is recommended that you visit your cosmetic dentist for optimum results. This is not an easy procedure and thus, the materials used are not available over the counter.
Teeth discoloration is something that can lessen the self-confidence of people. It also can negatively affect the social life of some as it will prevent them from showing off their sweet smiles. The good thing is, it can now be easily remedied, thanks to cosmetic dentistry. Therefore, if you are suffering from such, do not hesitate to visit your cosmetic dentist and undergo a teeth whitening procedure or a similar one, whichever is necessary. If you would like a great dentist to help you, visit us Dr. Lynne A. March’s clinic and experience our quality services.